Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Implementation Strategy

Since Martin and I have teamed up, I now have to keep in mind there are two of us working on the same app. Therefore, in my implementation strategy, I want to ensure I build foundational material first, allowing Martin to test. We are going to meet up this coming Saturday to discuss our plan a little more in-depth, but for now, this is my tentative idea of how the rest of the semester will progress:

During Spring Break, I will personally be working through some of the optional assignments I have not completed in this class, as well as working my way through the iOS programming class offered free through Stanford on iTunes.

The first week of April will be focused on building the basic navigational structure, which will allow the user to move from screen to screen through the app. This will lay a foreground and allow Martin to design any background images to fit around the data.

During week 2, I will work on telling the app how to populate the "Read" screen. This will utilize persistent data...which means I'll have to learn about how to utilize that capability.

The following week, I will add functionality for the "Create" screen. This is how we will be able to grow our data - through user submissions.

The final piece of the puzzle will be the "Save" or "Favorites" capabilities. This will build upon both the "Read" and "Create" functionalities, so it is pertinent to have them completed first.

And this brings us to May, which means final testing and publishing. We will also use this time to beef up our joke database so users have something to start with immediately upon using the app. 

The MVP for this will be incredibly basic, but possible future enhancement ideas include log-in and sharing capabilities, adjustable settings, as well as a rating system.

2 comments:

  1. Great start. It's a shame you guys don't have the same phone.

    Allison do consider that you could be developing on an Android emulator without too much trouble ... and as I mentioned you don't need to start with persistent data in an SQL DB, but more of that in this week's lectures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing - and I've been considering switching to a phone with an Android OS myself. Since, from what I understand, Martin will be doing more of the testing, I think switching to developing for Android would be a good switch for us.

    ReplyDelete