Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Artistic Collaboration, Week 6

Looking Back

I didn't get a post made about my work last week, so this will cover the past two weeks (most of the work being done this week). During this time, I accomplished the following items:
  • Draft ERD (with W)
  • Migrated from W's Azure account to my own
  • Set up a Google Drive with team documents
  • Populated the backlog with user stories for the initial three epics
  • Wrote a blog about the long-term vision for the project
  • Found images to use as the avatars in our initial project

Challenges

We were slowed down as a team this week trying to transition from W's Azure account to my own. When M transferred to the new version control, there was a permissions piece somewhere that we couldn't seem to find. Eventually, we finally got it connected, and everything else went well.

Learning

This week, after conversations with the team, I finally feel like I'm finally getting a grasp on the entire web development stack, and I'm going to be able to fully participate in the development on this project (as well as future enhancement even post-class).

Looking Ahead

Over the upcoming week, I plan to accomplish the following items:
  • Complete a mock UI that covers the first 3 use-cases (finally)
  • Spend a good deal of time learning asp.net
  • Build the functionality to test a username to determine if it is unique
  • Build the functionality to validate a password
  • Build the framework for the demo

Metrics

Based on the previously established metrics, here is the value of my accomplishments:
  • Accomplished: 5 stories and a spike valued at 8 points
  • Stories added to the backlog: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment